Old November 7th 03, 07:18 PM
Ron Natalie

"'Vejita' S. Cousin" wrote in message ...

1) File flight plan (can you do this from a cell phone, NOTAM seems to
imply linelines only)

Sure. The FAA has no clue how you are reaching them.

3) Open flight plan (or can you do that when you contact ATC for the squak
code).

You don't need to open it explicitly. You need to
1. File
2. Squawk
3. Talk

4) Follow flight plan (how much can you deviate)

There's not really much of a route in the flight plan. Supposedly ATC
can let you go where you want, although there are some controllers
(especially in the Chesapeake (Baltimore) sectors that seem to have
differing opinion).

Last time I was home (pre 9-11) I would fly people over downtown
Baltimore (football and baseball studiums) and the bay bridge. That looks
like it's out, or will ATC clear you into these areas?

There's not supposed to be anything that prevents them from clearing you
into these areas. Unlike the 15 mile ring around DC, there is no special
rules for the Class B over Baltimore (over the ADIZ). However, as I
mentioned above, the Chesapeake sector controllers seem to have a bug
up their ass (probably a bad attitude from having to relocate to Bum****,
Virginia for the consolidated tracon).