Old February 11th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Minimum Safe Altitude

On Feb 11, 1:16 pm, John Sinclair
wrote:
Kevin wrote................
Most US contest organizers know to apply for an FAA
waiver on this
issue. My understanding is that they are not that
hard to obtain.

Yes sir, Mr PSDO, we're having one of them gilder contests
and we'd like to fly closer than 500 feet to folks
and things. Could we get a waiver for that? I understand
you give them all the time.
Also, after the guys get through flying low and fast
near folks, they do this maneuver not necessary for
normal flight, could we be gettin' a waiver for that
too?
Thank Youuu,
JJ

The FAA can issue waivers for all sorts of things. Give them a call
and ask them, if you don't believe me.

2c