Old November 17th 03, 05:39 AM
Jughead

(SteveM8597) wrote in
:

The Wing King's scorecard was heavily based on "scheduling
effectiveness". For ops that meant that if the actual tailnumber you
were scheduled to fly was not ready, you didn't fly or at least didn't
fly on time, missed your range period or sortie with the other planes
you were scheduled with. It was like night and dayu for the ops guys
who were used to flying when the schedule said they would fly and
created a great deal of animosity between Ops and Mx, and morale was
terrible.

Thanks for the snipped history lesson. In response to the above, that's
something I can somewhat relate to. There always seems to be some degree of
finger pointing with regard to the causes of delayed and/or canceled
flights. I never noticed any difference regardless of where exactly
maintenance falls in the chain of command. I'm guessing the finger pointing
is sort of what you had in mind when you mentioned ops and mx with respect
to delays and/or cancellations.