Old September 30th 04, 09:42 PM
Brian Sponcil

Art Matteson of AMR&D uses tape for his gap seals. It's 3M Scotch #8672 one
inch wide polyurethane tape which you can buy for like $30 a roll. Of
course for those of us with certified planes it would be "illegal" to put
the stuff on without a 337 or STC. As far as I can tell it works about as
well as aluminum gap seals it's just cheaper and easier to install.

-Brian
N33431

"john smith" wrote in message
I believe you can access the IAC listserve archives from landings.com
A couple years ago this topic was discussed and discribed, including
manufacturer and model number of the tape used.

Jay Honeck wrote:
At Reno, all the Formula One and Sport class racers had every single
non-aerodynamic gap covered with clear tape.

Which got me to thinking, there are LOTS of non-aerodynamic gaps on my
Pathfinder.

The stuff looks like basic, clear packing tape. Anyone used this stuff?
Is
there any benefit at all, or is it one of those "over 200 mph" things,
like
the spoiler on my Mustang?