Old May 4th 05, 12:26 AM
Slick

My glider oral was 3 but I only had to do one flight with. so the flying bit
was only about 15 minutes and 5 of that was just screwing around loosing
altitude while we wewre getting to pattern altitude.
"BTIZ" wrote in message
I've found that check ride orals.. for glider ratings.. tend to run about

2
hours.. from start of paperwork check too.. lets go flying... the flying
part takes about 1 hr.. from preflight to tie down and includes at least 3
flights..

My instrument oral was 5 hours.. plus about 2/.5hrs of flying..

BT

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
The last couple students I've sent for checkrides have taken about 6
hours. This is with two different examiners. Both did excellent on the
oral. Is this something the FSDOs are telling the examiners. Are
private checkrides just getting longer? I took my private in the mid
90's and my oral was only about 15 minutes.

-Robert, CFI