Old October 20th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Emily

Default Does Lycoming make any sense?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I just spoke with Lycoming regarding my very high fuel flow. Recently
I've had a problem where I'm getting almost double my normal fuel flow
at idle even with the mixture at the edge of cut-off. I suspected a
servo but called Lycoming. They said I may have a nozzel with a
blockage and the other nozzles are streaming because of it.
Does this make any sense? Could a blockage cause an *INCREASE* in fuel
flow?

I remember discussing this when working on my A&P, and promptly forgot
about it after I got out of school. IIRC, it has something to do with
the fuel injection...if one is blocked, the other nozzles pick up the
loss and are sometimes too efficent.

Obviously I can't remember the exact cause, but I've heard the same
exact thing before...blockage can cause an increase in fuel flow.