Old January 12th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Keeney

Default SH-60Fs Touch Rotors over Jacksonville

Rick wrote:
Anybody know anything about this? Supposedly two HS-3 Seahawks enroute
to USS Harry S Truman swapped paint over the Main Street Bridge in
Jacksonville. Both helos made successful emergency landings on
opposite riverbanks a half mile downstream from the bridge.

As of nightfall the helicopters had not been moved, and their
airworthiness had not been disclosed.

This is the first time I've ever heard of two helicopters surviving
midair contact.

The one time I saw it -Hueys, call it 1970- they spiraled in away from
each other; big fireballs and lots of dead.