Old December 27th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default spins from coordinated flight

Jose wrote:
The answer to the ball question is no. It won't spin. A ball centered
airplane in a climbing turn is compensated by rudder and is considered
coordinated (in the classic sense).

Ok, now I'm confused again. If "stall plus yaw" is all that's
necessary, and all (normal) turns involve yaw, then why won't it spin?
Do I have the wrong definition of "yaw"?

Jose

A "normal" turn is accomplished by splitting the lift vector, NOT by
holding in yaw. Yaw should only be present in the turn dynamic during
the entry into the turn and exit from the turn. Once stabilized in the
turn, there should be no yaw present. There could be however if the turn
was a slipping turn or a skidding turn.

--
Dudley Henriques