Old August 16th 08, 05:22 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
tankfixer

Default Pakistan's Musharraf to resign as president

In article ,
says...

"Zombywoof" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:37:42 +0100, "William Black"
wrote:

"La N" wrote in message

"eatfastnoodle" wrote in message
On Aug 14, 9:16 pm, "La N" wrote:
"Tiger" wrote in message

Just when the world is watching something else, the other shoe
drops....

Yahoo! News

Pakistan's Musharraf to resign as president: report

2 hours, 56 minutes ago

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf will resign rather than face
impeachment by parliament, the Financial Times said on its Web site,
citing government officials and a member of his circle.

Just yesterday, I believe, I was watching on some news shows interviews
with
Pakistanis who say that the hatred that Pakistanis have had against
America
is because of the US support of Musharraf who is very unpopular in his
own
country.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

- nilita

I believe it's more of the other way around. Musharraf is hated
because of his alliance with US. Blair used to be hottie NO.1 in
Britain until he became Bush's poodle NO.1 in the eyes of his
countrymen. The former Spanish prime minister got himself voted out of
office because he was seen too close to the US. I suppose you don't
seriously believe US is hated because of Musharraf? I mean, come on.

****************

Okay, you tell me .... why *do* the Pakistanis hate the U.S.?

Because the US Air Force keeps blowing up weddings there by mistake...

Funny thing about bombs, once released they sorta go where they are
going to go.

Also, if it wasn't a tradition to blast away with your AK @ Weddings I
suspect there might be less of them bombed.

Undoubtedly.

You are displaying the legendary contempt and ignorance for other cultures
often shown by your countrymen when travelling abroad.

As opposed to the understanding and acceptance the English show...

It's not 'quaint', it's how people live.

If you are dropping bombs on people because of their lifestyle you're going
to lose.

--

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless
made so and kept so by the exertions of much better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873) English economist and philosopher.