Old August 23rd 11, 10:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Schumann

Default SAFETY ALERT

On 8/22/2011 10:47 PM, Bill D wrote:
On Aug 22, 7:59 pm, Mike
wrote:
On 8/21/2011 4:15 PM, wrote:

Personally I want the SSA lobbying against rules not making up new
ones or reminding me of old ones. When advocacy organizations become
governing/safetycratic they are ruined, worse than useless. Let the
SSA keep the gov't at bay, pilots, clubs, and insurance companies can
sort the safety standards.

I don't see a whole lot of lobbying going on either. For whatever
reason, there seems to be ZERO interest at the SSA to involve new people
in the organization who have new ideas and are volunteering to help out.

Another example of a HUGE problem.

--
Mike Schumann

I have to strongly disagree on all points. The SSA welcomes
volunteers - there just aren't many of them.

The SSA has successfully lobbied for numerous FAR changes - expanding
the use of tow pilots with a private rating is just the most recent.
Before that there was the extension of parachute repack to 180 days.
The SSA cares very much about what is happening to members.

Bill Daniels
SSA Growth and Development Committee Chairman.

My personal experience differs. Feel free to call me if you would like
to discuss.

--
Mike Schumann