Old May 16th 19, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Nearest near-miss?

On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 10:17:51 AM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
These anecdotes make me wonder. Has anyone ever installed ADS-B-out or TABS in gliders BEFORE having a near-collision? What were your reasons for taking the plunge?

I know that it is not uncommon to install transponders as a precaution before having a close call, but there seems to be more reluctance to install ADS-B-out and TABS even amongst people have ample disposable income. This is just my impression.

I installed a Trig22 and TN72 as SIL=3 in an experimental ASW27b PRIOR to a close call (that I know of...) I want to give myself every advantage to see and be sen by other aircraft. I also have FLARM and a dedicated traffic display, and an AH if things should suddenly go white...