Old April 5th 04, 02:55 PM
James M. Knox

Robert Moore wrote in
. 6:

Yeah, but he had a bit of a different situation. He had a POH which
said it couldn't happen!!!

Didn't have a POH in a DC-10 cockpit. He probably had an Aircraft
Flight Manual, and I haven't seen an AFM yet that has said that
something could not happen.

Loose wording, I admit. But that's what he says in his talks... that there
is nothing in the manual for what to do, because they considered it
impossible. And that after they started consulting with the engineers,
they were repeatedly assured that it could NOT be a failure of the
hydraulic system.

Heck, even after they managed to get patched in to Boeing,

Why did he call Boeing with a problem in a Douglas (MD) aircraft?

All the MacAir guys I know are wearing badges that say Boeing. That's why I
said Boeing.

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1109-A Shady Lane fax 512-366-4331