Old April 17th 05, 06:10 PM
BTIZ

as far as I can tell.. from the information provided... you are good to
go... talk this over with your CFI.. the keys are distance covered..
furthest point at least 250nm from where you started.. and "solo" cross
country... so one assumes that you did not take your girl friend / wife /
significant other with you.

BT

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
ink.net...
I would like to use a flight I took two years ago to show I've satisfied
the
"Long Cross Country" requirement for my Commercial ticket. On that
flight,
I flew from SMO to O22 (259NM), then to (124NM) in one day, then turned
around several days later and flew back - CIC to SZP (353 NM) to SMO
(36NM),
again in a single day.

After reading the official requirement (see below), I think I have it.
Note
that it doesn't indicate that the flight needs to be done in a single day.
But then, one could argue then that any "flight" that includes a single
leg
of over 250NM would qualify.... Go figure!

Is there anywhere in the regs where it defines what "Cross-Country" flight
means? Here is the requirement for the "Long Cross-Country" flight for
the
Commercial rating (FAR (§61.109.a.4.i):

"One cross-country flight of not less than 300 nautical miles total
distance, with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a
straight-line distance of at least 250 nautical miles from the original
departure point. However, if this requirement is being met in Hawaii, the
longest segment need only have a straight-line distance of at least 150
nautical miles; and " [...],

So, the questions remaining a

1.) Do the "three landings" have to be done in one day?

2.) Is there any "recency" requirement for this - e.g. does this trip not
count because it was taken almost two years ago?

3.) Are there other reasons that I can't use this flight that I'm not even
aware of??

Here are the details about the flight I am hoping fulfills this
requirement
for me:

July 25, 2003:

SMO = O22 (259 NM)