Old May 28th 18, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default GPS vs Gliding Computer

The Garmin GPS does nothing for soaring.Â* If you want to use the Stemme
as a touring machine, traveling from airport to airport, it could be
handy there, but I don't believe it brings anything to the Stemme that
the soaring computer cannot give.Â* You can find the user manuals for
various soaring computers online to see what they can offer.

On 5/28/2018 1:50 PM, Mike Reid wrote:
That's why I was asking. The Stemme S12 on display in Reno this spring had a Garmin Aera 660 and an LX9070. Having never used a gliding computer, I was curious what capabilities the LX9070 was missing that necessitated the Garmin.

Mike

--
Dan, 5J