Old January 6th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Rotax vs. Jabiru

Nils Rostedt wrote:

snip

I understand Jabiru has been working hard to fix the bugs they too had in
the earlier engines, but have no closer experience. I would also think
things get better as the experience grows how to install and operate the
engine. Might be a good idea to research how the newer engines perform.

Have looked at this issue fairly closely (before ordering a J160).

Verbally - the maintenance/failure issues have essentially ceased in the
past couple of years. This is from school operators as well as private
owners.

Records - Comparing the incident/accident records in the last couple of
years show a much lower rate of engine problems compared to say 5 years
ago. This is with a lot more jabs around.

It seems with a/c engines as with everything else they can be tested
thoroughly in extreme ways and come up shining. Once they are put in the
hand of the great unwashed anything can and does happen.

--

regards

jc

LEGAL - I don't believe what I wrote and neither should you. Sobriety and/or
sanity of the author is not guaranteed

EMAIL - and are not valid email
addresses. news2x at perentie is valid for a while.