Old July 21st 19, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill G

Default Mountain Flying - Soaraspen.com

No towplanes Sorry!

On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 10:43:51 AM UTC-6, AS wrote:
On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 10:23:17 AM UTC-4, Bill G wrote:
I just wanted to put out to the group that I have been offering scenic tours in my Stemme S-10V since 2015 from Aspen, Colorado. If you know anyone who comes here to visit or if you would like to get a chance to fly in a dense mountainous environment to practice or learn mountainous terrain cross country soaring techniques. Check out Soaraspen.com for more info. Perhaps someday we could organize a Stemme get together here in Aspen. There is fantastic soaring here in the summer as long as it doesn't OD too much, and if it does there are plenty of exciting things to do here. Typically the best soaring conditions without storms are in mid-late August until mid September. But, throughout the summer there are also great days every week.

Sincerely,

Bill Gagen
Soaraspen.com
970-930-2100

Is a tow plane available at all at Aspen? The SSA website doesn't say. Would be tempted to get a few orientation flights and then venture out in my own ship.
Uli
'AS'