Old October 3rd 14, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default Unbelievable Airbus A380 vertical Take-off + Amazing Air Show ( HD ) Paris Air show 2013

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

Wanna see, what happens if you place two former military pilots of the French
Navy in the cockpit of an Airbus A380? A vertical take-off and some acrobatic
maneuvers are the result. Two pilots who previously worked for the French Navy
have been working as test pilots for Airbus since a few years. This was the
most amazing A380 performance I have ever seen. Very impressive to see such a
big bird gliding threw the skies as if it would be a small Cessna. Of course
the fuel tanks were empty because the Airbus just made a short presentation
flight for the audience in France. I hope I could see such a performance again
someday: http://youtu.be/RJxnwF-MPi0

A380 Approach and Landing KSFO San Francisco SUBTITLES English (without
commentary): http://youtu.be/ENe89j89tBA

More videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Cargospotter/videos

Nor "acrobatics" or, more precisely, aerobatics there. They never
exceeded 60 deg bank angle (more like 45 deg), nor 30 deg. climb angle.
They also never retracted the flaps, allowing for enhanced low-speed
maneuvering. Also, isn't it amazing how low-speed maneuverability is
enhanced with (very) minimum fuel load and no payload?

Yes -- it is impressive to see such a huge bird put through its paces --
especially when its very size makes it look as if it is barely moving.