Old February 12th 04, 10:36 AM
Peter Hovorka

Hi Ludlow,

This is my first pc with independant video/sound cards.
Is overheating an issue with these new powerful 3D type cards??

Energy consumptions of modern high end cards is really high - as is the
net amount of heat that must be lead away from the card.

Overheating is a problem - after failure of the cooling devices or in
systems which are generally designed 'on the edge'.

I can't determine the cause for your problems being remote from the
machine, but you generally do well buying non-discount PCs - their heat
management is - generally speaking - a lot better whilst producing less
noise emissions.

Best regards,
Peter