Old October 7th 04, 07:13 PM

I owned a MicroAir Radio that I installed in my Gensis II. It is a
fantastic radio. I had comments from pilots saying it was one of the
clearest radios they have heard. I never had problems with it. Most of
the MicroAir radio complaints can be traced back to poor installations.
Having said that, our club has several MicoAir radios and one has
actually had a real problem that had to do with a fading display.
MicroAir lists all their service bulletins on their web site and one
dealt with this issue (about a 6 month range of serial numbers). A 28
cent capacitor resolved the problem that I repair myself. All issues
that we have dealt with since have been installation issues (mikes,
wiring etc.). I would not hesitate to purchase another. If you are
worried about failures, you can buy 2 for the price of a Dittel and have
a spare.

Vorsanger1 wrote:
We installed a brand new Microair 760 about 6 years ago. It has never worked
properly, no bugs could be found in the installation. It has been "repaired"
twice with no apparent improvement.

Cheers anyhow, Charles