Old July 20th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flap performance

Forgot to get to my main point... As Tango Eight says, if you are going to use the glider to learn how to fly XC, then you might want to get something else first? Libelle, Kestrel, Jantar? I suspect you will become a better xc pilot faster with something easier to fly. OTOH, if you expect to keep the glider for a long time, are essentially flying for fun, and you aren't learning in the southwestern US, then maybe you get it now and build both skills, learning XC and learning the Ventus, at the same time. Ask your instructor(s) to be honest with you and give you an opinion of what is best for you? I'd be extremely hesitant to go against an instructor opinion, especially if they fly XC regularly. And finally, all of my comments refer to the Ventus B no winglets, winglets apparently make the glider fly much better. Maybe Cliff can weigh in on that, he has flown the same glider with both.