Old September 17th 17, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default sunlight readable iphone

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 2:26:27 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Does anyone have any data on whether the iPhone X OLED screen will be more sunlight readable than previous iPhones? The brightness spec looks the same (625cd/m2), but I see no data on the screen reflectance.

Not to stray off the original question but I use my Android Galaxy S5 phone running Top Hat or XCSoar as a back up incase of a flight computer failure, also for local flights in the two seater club world.
The S5 is a good phone, had it for nearly three years but it is anything but sunlight readable.
I am contemplating updating it, as it is time, to perhaps to an S8 but not convinced it would be much better.
Any other suggestions in the Android world??