Old July 24th 03, 09:21 PM
John Galban

Newps wrote in message .net...
John Galban wrote:

The FAA type is not allowed to take your license (certificate for
you sticklers). He is allowed to inspect it, period. I would never
allow an FAA person to take my cert. If they keep it, they could
easily say you surrendered it, thereby making their job a lot easier.

And even if he did take it then go fly anyways. Right in front of him.
It is such a huge no no for a FSDO inspector to confiscate a
certificate that my local FSDO inspector doesn't believe it would ever
happen. He told me that if any FSDO inspector took your license just go
fly anyways. Make a big deal about it. He said the end result will be
a phone call from the local FSDO manager apologizing profusely.

Newps, I know that what you say sounds logical, but I'd be somewhat
reluctant to take your advice. The FAA is notorious for backing up
the actions of their FSDO inspectors, even when they are in the wrong.
From what I've seen over the years, the likely scenario would have the
FSDO inspectors actions brushed under the carpet, while you go
appealing your way to the NTSB on your violation of the reg that says
you have to have your cert. on your person. You'd probably win
eventually (assuming the "win" means you escaped the violation, but
ended up broke), but personally, I wouldn't risk it. My pockets are
not that deep.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)