Old October 6th 05, 10:24 PM
Montblack

("Jeff" wrote)
I remember seeing some time back a hangar design that used a circular
dome style building. It showed GA airplanes all backed in and seemed
like it used the space well. A Google search on round, circular, and
dome aircraft hangars did not lead me to the hangar that I was looking
for.

http://www.smithairfield.com/postwar.html
"In 1966, a significant innovation in hangar architecture and engineering
took place with the construction of the Carousel Hangar. Clark W. Smith of
Decatur, Indiana, patented the design of the Carousel Hangar in 1965. Mr.
Smith built this prototype four-place hangar in 1966, and it is the only
example of this design ever built."

http://www.armadilloproducts.com/carbuild.html
Carousels for square hangars.

Montblack