Old August 16th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default RAP is NOT Dead

I, for one, do not think this newsgroup is dead. It has had and continue to
have hiccups. After reading almost all of the posts in this group, here is
what I have gathered.

1. There are those among us who don't have a full knowledge of aviation
related matters.
2. There are those among us who have a lot of knowledge and is willing to
share it.
3. There are those among us who don't have a clue about aviation.
4. There are those among us who have severe attitude problems.
5. There are those among us who cannot take constructive criticism.
6. There are those among us who criticize almost everything someone says.
7. There are those among us that never add any useful information, but
instead deride those that do.

I could add other concerns but hopefully everyone gets the message.

As I see it, the bottom line is to read the posts and decide whether are not
you should respond. If you can't add anything positive to the posts, then
maybe you should not respond. If there are those on this forum that you
feel don't have a clue, then just ignore them (i.e. do not respond) if you
can't offer any help. As for new pilots or students in training, after
reading a post that arouses your curiosity, you can go to various reference
books (FAR/AIM, Private Pilot Handbook, etc.) to search on the issue then
draw your own conclusions. You can also question the poster to get a better
understanding of the subject matter, but if things turn into a ****ing
contest, then respond no further.

I enjoy reading posts on this newsgroup. I also am a member of PoA as well
as AOPA forums. There are a few good people that have left this newsgroup
for various reasons although they do pop in occasionally. For that I am
appreciative and hope they continue to do so. After all, running away does
not solve anything.

--
CareBear