Old November 6th 19, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gliding risk....

Another good article is this one by Martin Hellman:

https://ee.stanford.edu/~hellman/soa...2007_talk.html

In particular, I thought this quote was interesting for self assessment.

"Many years ago, I heard an expert on industrial safety give a talk in which he noted that for every fatality, there were roughly ten injury accidents; for every injury accident, there were roughly ten property damage accidents; and for every property damage accidents, there were about ten "scares" or near accidents"