Old February 11th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default Police Chief vows to deploy an unmanned aerial vehicle despite contentions

On Feb 12, 11:20 am, Jim Logajan wrote:
Larry Dighera wrote:

[ Quoting from an article by J. D. Gallop: ]

"We control the airspace, and we control who can fly what, where,"
said Les Dorr, a spokesman for the federal agency.

Um, that statement makes a seriously incorrect claim by the FAA. Flights
routinely enter the airspace at arbitrary times and relatively arbitrary
places without any specific permission requested from the FAA for those
flights.

I believe this is what is known as "regulatory overreach."

The average cycle for an ag pilot is around 8 minutes.
Are Les Dorr and his workmates aware of all those movements they don't
boss ?
Or microlights?