Old March 10th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default AGM Batteries

Dave Anderer wrote:

Anyone have a preference on Concorde vs. Gill?

If the experiences of those on the Cherokee Pilots Assoc. forum are any
measure, the sealed Gill is bad news. There are quite a few folks that have
been flying around for more than 5 yrs. on their Concorde sealed batteries.

Initially, both Gill and Concorde had teething problems, but Concorde
seems to have worked them out. On the other hand, we see repeated posts (as
recently as a few months ago) that the Gills are dying within 12 months or
less. Gill is happy to replace them, but the replacements don't last any
longer. They know they have a problem, but apparently haven't been able to
fix it.

I'm planning on going with a sealed battery when my current wet cell Gill
dies. It'll definitely be a Concorde.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)