Old May 9th 05, 04:12 AM
W P Dixon

I believe Mr Whiting is speaking of a standard issue 1911 Colt .45. Which
does have an awful pattern even at 50 yards. There are some mods that can be
done, as in with some of the new modified 1911's. Which very few of those
are "real" 1911's, but aftermarket copies. A Kimber 1911 come to mind. Which
is a very nice weapon with alot better patterns than it's old standard US
military version. Just a good old Colt .45! Great for close combat, but not
a reach out and touch someone kind of weapon.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech
ex-marine rifle coach

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Actually,
even a machine rest won't do that as the standard 1911's tend to
scatter
their hits more than 12" at 100 yards inherently.

Hmmm...last time I tried, I did about three out of four. A .44 Mag

A 1911 in .44 mag? What brand is that?

It chopped my line which was supposed to say "A .44 Mag is much better at
long range shooting". Hence, the 100 yard matches and hunters.

And if the pie plate
is moving at 80 MPH, the odds get MUCH worse.

See remarks about Sporting Clays....yes, we use scatter guns, but the
targets are 6", not 16 feet.

Yes, shotguns don't count. :-)

Yes, and remember the 6" vs. 16 foot context.