Old July 30th 03, 05:00 AM
Francois Marquis

I'd like to compare the difference between the color unit and the
monochrome one, like a side by side comparison...

On the 5000 unit, if you use the RMI, you loose the remote control of
the select and info functions, though. Can you confirm if the CE model
has the same drawback?

I agree that interrogating a visible waypoint (or facility) is a unique
feature of the Argus and this is what makes it outstanding. Also, when
on arrival mode, it shows the ADF bearing as a dashed line, great sanity
check: that dashed line got to intersect the LOM or the NDB, or else...

Francois

McGregor wrote:
We have a 7000 color and the contrast is outstanding, even in sunlight.
Colors are somewhat programmable (airspace in red, etc.) and you get the
plane either centered (plan/departure mode) or at the bottom of the screen
(arrival/enroute).

Far and away the best feature, IMO, is the yoke button for selecting
navaids/waypoints. You can get instant radial/distance to any VOR or
distance from airport on approach. I wish the Avidyne had something similar.

"Francois Marquis" wrote in message

Hello,

Has anyone have first hand experience with both the Argus 5000 and Argus
5000ce. I know a lot of users have transitioned to the CE, but
functionality-wise they are about the same. (minus the color, of course)

My biggest issue is that I sometime deplore the contrast of my 5000
unit, specially whenever bright lighting is present (such as flying near
the top of a layer).

In a nutshell, contrast is the main issue i'd like to resolve.

Also, as a secondary topic, are colors programmable, I use the map, the
RMI and the stormscope simultaneously (or alternatively depending of the
situation. I don't use the fliteplan feature, since I already have a
aprch cert A1 GPS and GPSS on the Autopilot.

As a third issue, is the screen centering adjustable vertically on the
CE? The 5000 has user setups for horizontal centering and I had to
send mine to the factory to calibrate it properly, vertically.

Thanks in advance

Francois Marquis
Lancair C-GLUE