Old January 5th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default Good news for scratch builders of metal airplanes - Home Depot rents bending brakes

Sort of like renting a tile saw. It only makes sense if you can use it
one day and get everything done. I am remodeling a bathroom and when I
considered that it would take several weekends of tile work to get the
job done, renting would have cost several times the cost of buying one
at Harbor Freight. Now, the only problem is what to do with it when I
am finished with BOTH bathrooms. Same would hold true with a metal
brake, renting only makes good economic sense if the total time can be
limited. If you know all the bends and are ready to do them all at one
time, its great. If not, you end up renting and returning, renting and
returning, and the cost ultimately is more.

Lou wrote:
I've got new for you, HD has been doing this for years now. Ace
Hardware, True Value also rents them. Not
to mention the local rental shop will also have one for about the same
price. The trick to the rental
is to have all the stuff you want to bend ready so you don't end up
renting the tool once a week
or month to keep the cost down.
Lou