Old February 25th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
karl gruber[_1_]

Default Garmin 430W/530W first impressions

The PCI version will work just fine, according to Jepp.

There is a new card, thus the huge number of old cards being dumped on eBay.

Karl

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
The flash memory is larger (although physically the same size) compared to
the legacy models. The USB version of Skybound will work, but the PCM-CIA
version is not supported for the new cards.

You will need to upgrade your subscription with Jepp, and they will
prorate your existing one.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm thinking of getting the 430 - 430W upgrade. Does the 430W use
the same Jepp database chip? (The Jepp website doesn't seem to
distinguish.) I'm wondering whether my spare chip will be good, my USB
Skybound will still be good and whether I'll need to switch to (a more
expensive) database.