Old May 9th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Butler

Default finding approach chart URLs

Thank you, Paul! ...and it looks like it is either part of or derived
from the FAA ATA100 files. I'll poke around there.

Dave

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, Dave Butler said:
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/09131IL5.PDF
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/09131R5.PDF
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/09131R23.PDF
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/09131VDA.PDF
http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0704/SE2ALT.PDF

I can see that the file names have some logic to them, like IL for ILS,
R for RNAV, etc, and the runway numbers are part of the name. If I knew
beforehand that LHZ had an ILS approach to runway 5, I might even be
able to generate the name for that chart, but I'd like to be able to
start from just the airport identifier and generate the list of approach
chart URLs.

I'm missing the information that relates a given airport to its list of
approach charts.

I ordered this data on a CD from Sporties once, and discovered that there
was an XML index file called digTPP_hier_All_Watt.xml. I bet if you poked
around some of those sites, you'd find it.

As a matter of fact, here is is on Kyler Laird's site:
http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/...r_All_Watt.xml