Old March 1st 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Duck Hawk Kudos

Bob Whelan wrote:

* 'Outside the box' - Am I the only one who remembers from the
Albuquerque convention Greg Cole's intention (then, anyway) to stress
the Duck Hawk for 'useful' dynamic soaring speeds and maneuvers (and
concomitant stresses)...as in enabling it to be capable of dynamically
soaring (say) the fringes of the jet stream?

Bob's comment reminds me of part of my discussion with Greg. I recall
him saying, with what sounded like a sly grin, that "it might take a
younger pilot to appreciate the value of and tolerate the high G
dynamically soaring RC models."

As a non-younger pilot who thinks 2 Gs is enough for any body, I suspect
he's right.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org