Old February 14th 04, 12:23 PM
Bob230

"Young Old Timer" wrote in message ...
One comment. A Warrant Officer is not an Officer in the sense of the title.
A Warrant Officer is APPOINTED, not promoted or commissioned. Therefore,
the crap about fraternization between officers and enlisted do not apply
here.

In the Army Warrant Officers are commissioned when they are promoted
to W2 and fraternization does apply to all Warrant Officers. About
1999 a message came down specifically about this. It "grandfathered"
existing romantic relationships between officers and enlisted but no
new ones were to be condoned. If an officer and an enlisted wanted to
start a relationship and get married one of them had to separate from
the service. I don't know how rigorously this has been applied
though. I guess it still comes to how lenient the commanders are.

Bob

snip