Old November 23rd 04, 08:34 PM
Gary Evans

Miniature toggle routing valves are also available
through MSC Industrial Supply Co. mail order.

This is page 3950 of their on-line PDF catalog. Note
the routing valve at mid-page.

http://tinyurl.com/5hv9o

This is their web site.

http://tinyurl.com/629x5

At 20:30 23 November 2004, Tim Mara wrote:
Clippard Industries in Cincinnati Ohio makes several
types of Pneumatic
switches.....
these were commonly used years ago back when sailplane
pilots used to have
to make their own and a few variometer manufacturers
like Richard Ball made
alternative Pneumatic inputs for Netto's and Speed
to Fly variometers from
normal TE variometers
tim

'Paul Remde' wrote in message
Hi,

I received a few very nice e-mails from reputable
sources recommending the
use of a pneumatic switch to switch between TE and
Static input for a
motorglider. That is good information. This newsgroup
is fantastic!

It was suggested that the switch could be made to
be automatic. That
sounds
great. It is my understanding that even very small
leaks can cause large
inaccuracies in TE functionality - so we must be careful
about that of
course. Does anyone have any recommendations for
manual or automatic
pneumatic switches? It would be great to get feedback
from someone who
has
done this already.

Thank you,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

'Paul Remde' wrote in message
Hi,

I have a question for motorglider owners. I sell
variometers and TE

probes
but I'm still learning. A customer is building a
Europa motorglider and

he
is wondering if he can mount a TE probe on the fin
and connect it to the
variometer, or will the propwash cause problems.
Is it necessary to use
some sort of pneumatic switch to switch between TE
and static input for

the
variometer?

His pitot and static ports are on a boom that is mounted
to the wing.