Old May 19th 05, 03:08 AM
John Galban

Jay Honeck wrote:
For you - maybe, but for someone who loves the building aspect,

life is
too short for *flying* because it means they spend less time

*building*.

That's just...wrong.

;-)

It's a personality thing. My pal Doug has been working every night
and weekend on the RV-10 and it's ready to fly after about a year and a
half. He previously built an RV-6 (slow build, no pre-punch) in about
13 months. He tells me that he's doing the building so that he can have
a new, cool, affordable airplane to fly, but I'm convinced he's hooked
on the building process. In between airplanes, he can usually be found
tearing out walls and reconfiguring his house. The good part about
this is that my sweat equity in his airplanes gives me 1st shot at
buying the plane if (I mean when) he decides to sell. He has sworn
that he'll be keeping the RV-10 forever, but he said that about the
RV-6 too. Someday it will be mine! Thank heaven for compulsive
builders!

For those interested, here's a site with the chronology of the build :

http://www.rvator.com

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)