Old April 9th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default X-plane vs FS2004

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just came across a rave review of X-plane by Richard Collins, so was
curious how well it compares to FS2004 in terms of realism, anybody who
has used both? I have used FS2004 and its a pretty decent product and
fun to play with, but was wondering if X-plane is better.

Anyone who prefers X-plane will of course tell you that X-plane is better.
So I predict that what you're going to get in response to your question is a
bunch of X-plane fanatics tell you just that.

That said, there are certainly areas of the MSFS flight modeling that seem
suspect to me, as an actual pilot. I haven't used X-plane so I can't
comment on whether it does those things better, but it's certainly possible.

I was under the impression that one could try out X-plane for free. So it
seems to me that rather than asking a loaded question here, you'd be much
better off downloading a trial copy and seeing for yourself whether it's
better.

Pete