Old August 9th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
et

Default Hangers for Experimentals

On Aug 8, 10:51*am, steveukman wrote:
I have an opportunity to purchase some land with access to a grass
airstrip - this could be a dream come true.

Does anybody have recommendations for hanger companies to talk to (or
experience using general contractors to build this type of
structure). *If there are companies that work with us ordinary
'Experimantal' folks *rather than millionaires or corporations for
modest buildings, the information would be really appreciated.

I have a family, demanding day job and Sonex project - so building a
hanger myself would probably be stretching myself way too thin.

Many Thanks
Steve

Steve

When I built my hanger I researched cost per square foot. A pole
building came out the cheapest. You can even do the slab, just do it
in sections. A bifold door that opens sideways using common hardware
and 2x2's works great if there is little or no frost heave. You
might consider sheeting with osb. Good luck

Ed