Old September 12th 04, 05:15 PM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Most pilots I have ever flown with were skilled and comfortable in the air and
their planes. But every now and again you would run into a pilot who was
clearly afraid of their plane. This may have been truer in Marauders than most
other planes. The old saying was, "show me a pilot afraid of his plane and I'll
show you a dead pilot" was sadly all too true. Pity the crew who had such a
pilot and couldn't get out of flying with him.

Depending on how many back-up systems the B-26 had, would determine how
comfortable you would get with it. I know in my case it was probably 100 hours
before everything clicked, and I had flown enough to see a lot of different
emergency problems, or practiced them to boredom.

Did you guys have a lot of maintenance problems, or equipment failures in flight?

Since you are bringing this up, it would seem you had a lot of aircrew problems
in your outfit. or, was this just one incident in your tour? Sound's like a real
****-up squadron to me. I can't imagine you guys getting a pilot that wasn't
qualified, as he also had to be a commander of a crew. The whole premise
sounds pretty fishy there Kramer. I think you're pulling our leg just to make
bombardiers look better than pilots. Fess up paleoliberal!