Old April 2nd 05, 02:37 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, we're gonna have a serious go at discerning the difference. Day
One
of my new diet is complete -- lots of fruit and vegetables, very little
salt, no red meat. I feel positively *burp* fruity...

Good luck with it - let us know how you get on.

Well, I'm right at 184 pounds today, down from 192 (197 with clothes on at
the doctor's office).

I'm never hungry, because I'm absolutely stuffed with apples, pears and
bananas. Fruit, coffee, a vitamin C, and a multi-vitamin are what I
subsist on for breakfast and lunch. I then allow myself a "normal" dinner,
although I've tried to stick with salad bars and chicken.

The fresh lake perch Mary brought back from Wisconsin the other day was a
terrible, wonderful exception. ($23 a POUND that stuff is now -- and it
used to be considered a "cheap" meal, when I was a kid!) With sand-dollar
potatoes, and hush puppies. Mmmmmmm, grease... ;-)

One thing I've noticed -- I can't run as far without stopping. I can't run
a mile without walking, so I suppose my body is just not used to the lower
caloric intake yet. I hope it adapts soon -- it was positively embarrassing
at CAP the other night, when I ran a mile almost a full minute slower than I
did just two months ago!

Dunno. It's a neat way to diet, though, cuz (a) I'm never hungry, and (b) I
get a normal dinner, so I don't feel deprived.

I'll let you know if the BP improves as the fat melts away!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA