Old January 4th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default HORRIBLE Flying Weather (Was: Atlas is down...)

I'd trade some warmth for some moisture!

Well, Joe, after the coldest early December in history, Iowa has had weeks
of 38 degree mist and fog.

All of our 18 inches of snow is gone, everything is a muddy mess -- and the
only people flying are airline pilots.

(And even THEY couldn't get into CID on Monday. We had two guests arrive a
day late, because their plane shot two unsuccessful ILS approaches before
returning to MSP for the night.)

The relative humidity has been pegged at close to 100% for days now. It's
like a giant, wet (and cold) blanket...

Our last fly-in guest arrived right after Thanksgiving. I'll take some of
your dry conditions, please!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA