Old October 11th 14, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying with artificial limbs

wrote:
On Friday, June 27, 1997 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Willy Van wrote:
I have a friend interested in obtaining his private pilots licence in
Canada. He has one artificial leg and is concerned about his ability to
operate the rudder pedals particularily for braking. On the advice of
the local club he contacted a local physician who advised him that he
could fly with "Modifications".

Before shelling out $80.00 (can). for a medical, he was wondering if
anyone else is famaliar with his situation and could offer any advice.

Please e-mail your response as well as posting.

As this post is 17 years old I would imagine the issue is long resolved.

--
Jim Pennino