Old July 1st 03, 12:03 AM
Sunny

Default Was British soldiers crying like babies! now medals.

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
Sunny wrote:

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
Wearing other peoples' medals is damn bad form. Australians who
do it outside of the Antipodes are snickered at.

By whom? you?

Quite a few. Wearing others' medals just is not done in North America
and the U.K.
http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/255842.htm

Wearing a dead relations medals, on the right breast at
rememberance ceromonies is a mark of respect. Anyone who snickers at it

is
an arsehole.

Wearing dead peoples' medals when there is no authority to do so from
the fons honorum is disrespectful.

Attendance and participation is sufficient. If you want to wear
medals, earn and wear your own.

Only in your opinion, if it's accepted practice in a country, so be it.
(BTW I personally have earned and wear my own)
Nothing wrong with a young child proudly wearing his dads medals, on his
right breast.