Old September 19th 04, 04:11 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Bob Coe" wrote in message
news:9x63d.26068$ni.10118@okepread01...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote
"George Ruch" wrote in message

Source, please.

Try ABC News:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040918_959.html

Looks like Cleland lost another body part on this deal (his ass).

I heard one of the talking heads say that Burkett had tried to sue the Texas
National Guard a few years back when GWB was governor, and lost. Some
animosity towards Bush was supposedly involved on Burkett's part. Which may
explain a few things that have been rattling around in my head over this
whole affair...Burkett was also the source of that strange tale of Texas
Guard officials supposedly sanitizing Bush's records, which left unsaid (a)
How and why personnel records from an individual who had separated some
twenty plus years earlier had been supposedly kept within the state's Guard
HQ for that length of time (instead of being sent off to St. Louis or Guard
Bureau in Arlington, VA), and (b) How an *Army* NG officer (which Burkett
was), in the days before the very recent move to a joint state-level Guard
HQ (just kicked off this year) was supposedly sitting around while *ANG*
officers hatched this conspiracy, and then managed to be around their
wastebasket where he allegedly saw all sorts of incriminating documents
being discarded. Now we know what was suspected earlier this week--Burkett
was the source for these forged documents, which would never have made it
into a servicemember's record jacket even if they *had* been legitimate.
Which pretty clearly casts Burkett as a guy with a grudge and a willingness
to commit forgery in order to try and get his revenge. Hope they prosecute
the ******* for falsifying official documents.

Brooks