Old November 9th 05, 03:39 AM
A Lieberman

Default IFR with a VFR GPS

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 21:14:11 -0600, Dan Luke wrote:

Hey Dan,

Thanks for responding.

It happens often, especially when you fly into big city airspace. I
always get cleared direct from Mobile to Houston or Dallas, but then
Center always amends my clearance before I get to the Bravo airspace.

Can I assume that the amendment would be vectors to an approach or an
arrival procedure where ATC will vector you?

Or is it assumed you will know how to get on the airway from a non standard
"entry" from a direct routing you are on?

I ask this as I am planning a trip up to Ohio which would take me through
Cincinnati Bravo from Owensboro KY to Stuebenville Ohio.

I would assume, that I get my clearance direct from OWB to 2G2, but expect
vectors in and around Cincy Bravo "for traffic". Would this be the
amendment you would be talking about?

Allen