Old January 30th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
John Theune

Default Visual STARs

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jim Carter writes:

You know, I was thinking the same thing. All of this information is
available in the AIM and other sources, but it would make good sense for
someone who wanted to appear to have been taught (therefore screened) to
fly in the US to get the "real world" info from active pilots.

You must be joking. "Active pilots?" Nobody here is for real as far
as I'm concerned; I've been on USENET too long for that. You read and
then you verify. The person who answers you might or might not be a
pilot--you cannot trust what he says about that, and in any case it
doesn't matter, as long as the answer is right (or if the answer is
wrong). And so many pilots on these newsgroups have already been
wrong, in a way blatant enough to be obvious even to me, that I
wouldn't trust anything that anyone here says exclusively.

I suppose if someone wanted to appear just as ill-informed as some
real-world GA pilots, trying to get an idea of their mistakes might be
a motivation for coming here. But stupidity and ignorance know no
frontiers, so it wouldn't make anyone seem more like a US pilot.

So clearly you can't believe anything you see here. Just go away.