Old July 20th 16, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Charles Lindbergh

Default Junkers Ju 87 (Stuka)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:55:26 +0200, Rene wrote:

On 12 Jul 2016 08:29:13 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_87

The Junkers Ju 87 or Stuka (from Sturzkampfflugzeug, "dive bomber") was a German
dive bomber and ground-attack aircraft designed by Hermann Pohlmann and first
flew in 1935. The Ju 87 made its combat debut in 1937 with the Luftwaffe's
Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War. It served the Axis forces in World
War II.

A beautiful series!

I am very curious how those psycholochical warfare sirens actually
worked ("Trumpets of Jericho")
I know the were driven by small propellors in the slipstream; I have
seen several photos of these units, but I fail to see how the actual
noise is made.
All I can see is a ram air propeller on a smooth tube without obvious
holes for sound emission.
Does anybody have an exploded view or such of the internals of these
parts?

Just a curious mind that wants to know how such small devices could
make so much noise!

I think this is a better picture.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...tuka-Siren.jpg