Old August 27th 03, 03:26 PM
Wayne

I flew one of those, didn't realize it was factory though, what a pain
to give up steering to hit the brake and then no differential. I'd have to
have a hand brake I think. I just assumed that that bar brake was from it's
days without rudder pedals. Kinda nice to be able to steer, and brake at the
same time.

The one I put a few hours on was a '66 or '67 Alon, one of the last
ones built, with 90 HP. Had factory rudder pedals that steered the
nosewheel on the ground. Had a brake bar above the pedals that
activated both brakes, so no differential braking.

I liked the plane, it was a lot of run. I heard ScareCoupe. Goes along
with the TraumaHawk
Wayne

to their real airplanes :-) There were a lot of nicknames: Burpcup,
Airpoop, and so on.
Dan