Old December 23rd 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Default Z's network?

In a previous article, "DABEAR" said:
Paul Tomblin wrote:
There is no law against lying on the internet. There is no law against
being a scumbag on the internet. If there were, there would be a lot
fewer sites.

Fraud is against the Law on the internet and consitutes and/or involves
the use of lying.

Don't quit your day job to practice law, because you suck at it. Lying
is not the sole constituent of fraud. There has to deception for personal
gain. And it has to be pretty cut-and-dried that "lie A" resulted in
"theft B", not just that you told a lot of lies to make people think
you're a big man, and that caused people to trust you who shouldn't have.

Saying "I was in Viet Nam" on a web site is not fraud. Saying "I was in
Viet Nam" in an application for vets benefits is fraud. Saying "I'm a
doctor" in a bar to pick up women isn't fraud, but saying "I'm a doctor"
and offering to perform a medical exam is fraud.

Bill O'Reilly tells worse lies every day, and all that happens to him is
that Al Franken writes books about him.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs