Old May 29th 18, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default Trailer license problem

PA is a real bugger when it comes to vehicle registration. I do not believe you can get a temporary plate - as far as I know that can only come from a registered dealer. To get the trailer back from PA to IN you need to be creative - do you have a friend in IN who has the same make glider trailer with a valid license?

As far as registering it permanently once it's in IN, I had a Cobra trailer in PA that I successfully registered with bills of sale going in a continuous chain all the way from the fellow I bought it from to Schleicher and finally to Spindeberger. It took a real experienced tag place, but I succeeded in getting a PA registration.

Good luck!

-John

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 2:49:13 PM UTC-4, PapaTango of Indiana wrote:
I purchased a glider. FAA registration was done with the FAA bill of sale, had no problem. The trailer and the glider are in Pennsylvania, have no license plate and have only a 10 years old registration from Florida. It never accrued to me that my Indiana state license office will not accept the FAA bill of sale for the license plate application. Good lesson to you all, to have a separate bill of sale from your own state’s official motor vehicle form. Now, I have to chase the seller from overseas to sign a new form. However, there are more issues. This trailer never had a title being registered in Florida and Indiana will not issue a new license plate without a title and that local bill of sale. Many things could be done if the trailer would be back in my home state. I am trying to tow the trailer home soon and not hand it over to a commercial shipper. You guys must know something how to get a temporary sticker or something from PA. Do I need a temp travel pass from each state that I will cross? How does this work?
Thank you for your time!